FUN FOR ALL

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FUN FOR ALL
FUN FOR ALL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FUN FOR ALL

Mobiles Cars Hollywood bollywood gosips wall Papers etc.

Latest topics
» Richa Gangopadhyay at Santosham Magazine Press Meet
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:53 am by Admin

» The Dark Side of Glamour
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 11:49 pm by Admin

» Hot Model Photo shoot at Beach
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 7:36 am by Admin

» Emanuela de Paula sizzles in Next Summer Catalog
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptySun May 30, 2010 11:05 pm by Admin

» Miranda Kerr sexes up June Numero!
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:53 pm by Admin

» Anjelina Jolie IMAGES when she Was 19 YEARS old
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptySun May 30, 2010 6:14 pm by Holly

» Nokia 5700 - XpressMusic
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptyFri May 28, 2010 3:29 am by Admin

» How to Reach By BUS TRAIN or BY Air Routes and Timmings
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 3:59 am by Admin

» LIST OF UNIVERSITIES IN CHANDIGARH
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 3:46 am by Admin

» LIST OF SR. Seconder SCHOOLS IN CHANDIGARH
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 3:45 am by Admin

» LIST OF PUBLIC SCHOOLS IN Chandigarh
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 3:42 am by Admin

» Hotels and Resorts in Chandigarh
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 3:31 am by Admin

» Departments of Chandigarh
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 3:07 am by Admin

» Edict of Chandigarh
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 3:06 am by Admin

» Know Chandigarh The City Beautiful
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 3:02 am by Admin

» chandigarh Maps
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 2:59 am by Admin

» Jiah Khan's Personal Pictures
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 1:19 am by Admin

» Aditya Narayan on ShowTime - March 2010
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 1:06 am by Admin

» Sushmita Sen on Prevention - April 2010
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 12:55 am by Admin

» Chandigarh City - Helpline
Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 12:39 am by Admin

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of FUN FOR ALL on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of FUN FOR ALL on your social bookmarking website

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin

Yousuf announces retirement from international cricket 3-29-2010_61959_l
KARACHI: Former Pakistan captain and world record holder batsman Mohammad Yousuf on Monday announced he was to quit international cricket in protest against an indefinite ban.

Yousuf was banned earlier this month in a crackdown on players by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) following a disastrous tour of Australia. Pakistan lost all three Tests, five one-days and a Twenty20 match.

The dismal performance resulted in bans and fines on seven leading players -- Younus was captain for most of the games.

"I received a letter from the PCB (Pakistan Cricket Board) that my staying in the team is harmful for the team, so I announce my retirement from international cricket," he said in Pakistan's financial capital Karachi.

"I thank the fans around the world, all the senior players and family members for supporting me throughout my 12-year career," said an emotional Yousuf, 35, dressed in a religious white cap and traditional dress.

"I always played for my country and if my playing is harmful for the team then I don't want to play," he told the news conference, fielding a barrage of questions at the Karachi Press Club.

Yousuf played 88 Tests, nine as captain and scored 7,431 runs at an average of 53.07, including 24 centuries. He also scored 9,624 runs in 282 one-day internationals.

Yousuf was third behind Javed Miandad (8,832 in 124) and Inzamam-ul-Haq (8,829 in 119) in all time run-getters for Pakistan in Tests and second behind Inzamam (11,701 in 375 matches) in one-day cricket.

But his greatest achievement was 1,788 Test runs in 2006 with nine hundreds -- the world record for most runs scored and hundreds in a calendar year, beating Viv Richards' 1976 record of 1,710 for the West Indies.

He also won International Cricket Council (ICC) Test player of the year in 2007.

Asked during Monday's news conference if he could rescind his decision, Yousuf said: "at the moment my playing in the team is harmful so I am quitting".

"If I get time, I would love to play first class cricket and private leagues," he later added.

http://xcitezone.friendhood.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum